Monday, August 29, 2011

God

I hope I'm not the only one in this world that can just sit and think. In fact, I know there's no way I'm the only one who ever does that. God is amazing. Now, don't stop reading. This isn't going to be one of those things that is trying to make you believe what I believe. I just want to take you on the journey of my life...

September 15, 1990 I was born. I wasn't supposed to survive, neither was my mama- but 20 years later- we're still here. GOD chose for that to happen. Obviously, God has a great plan for myself and my mom, who knows when we will finally figure it all out, but we will.
The first thing I really remember about my childhood is my best friend dying. 9 years ago today, it still hurts. I still cry, in fact I don't see ever not crying over him. BUT, now they're starting to turn into tears of joy- the joy of knowing him, the joy of being blessed with him. John taught me more than any 16 year old boy should teach a little girl. When he passed away, I truly believe I ran away from my childhood. I learned at the age of 11 that life was too short. I never wanted to be the girl with so much heart break in my life, but that's how it turned out. I have learned to truly believe in the two phrases
a. Everything happens for a reason.
b. God won't give to you anything He hasn't prepared you for.

This life isn't our own. It is His, we are living for Him! Now, there are so many times when I know this, but it is hard to live by. We want to be in control, but we're not. We think that if we send one more text message, we'll make things work out. NOTHING WILL WORK OUT IF GOD DOESN'T WANT IT TO. Sometimes, the things we humans work our hardest to keep together are the things God himself is working to tear apart. We must listen to Him.

My faith has been a rollercoaster my whole life, but that's because I treat my relationship with Jesus like a friendship. To me, he is not someone I should be scared of, or worried about being a certain way to impress him. He accepts me as who I am, I was made to be like him! He knows that I screw up, A LOT. But God answers every sinners prayers. He may not answer how we want, but I promise they are answered.

I shouldn't be here today, that is a fact. I know that. I'm thankful that God is letting me still be here, that shows that it's time for me to find His plan he has for me and live it. No more worry, no more trying to be in control. I want love, and to be loved, and to love- more than anything. I believe God called me to serve the world with my love, my heart is huge! Sometimes so huge it hurts me. But, there's a reason. FOR EVERYTHING.

Things will hurt, but we must have faith that He will pull us through.

XO!

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, or to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually. They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are. They are there for a reason,you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die, Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilleed; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on. - By: Brian A. "Drew" Chalker

No comments:

Post a Comment