Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oops

Sorry I haven't updated in a while- it's been a prettttttty hectic past days! 

Here we go: 

I had the privilege of spending this past weekend in Texas with one of my dearest friends. It was her wedding weekend, and I was a bridesmaid! So, I was super excited about this, but I won't lie- I was nervous. What if I fell? What if I screwed up? What if I ruined her day some how? I tried my hardest to take care of everything I could. It's safe to say that I grew a lOT as a person during this event. For one, I believe my friendship with her grew. I was so honored to be  apart of a day that she will never forget. I got to meet some pretty awesome people, that if it weren't for her- I wouldn't have in my life. I got to witness first hand the unending love between two people, that made my heart MELT. I also realized, that dreams come true. 

For as long as I've known my friend, I've always felt like her one dream was to love and to be truly loved back. Now as we all know in this world, sometimes our dreams come true. From the ups and downs, she may have felt like she would never get to this point in her life- but she did. She didn't give up the fight, and didn't back down. There were many things trying to pull them apart, but they didn't let it. From family issues, to friends, to anything- but their love survived. What a beautiful thing. I'm so happy that I can honestly say that she is happy. And no, it's not just a "settling" happy- it is a pure bliss 100% happy. I wish words could express how pleased this makes me. She deserves the love she finally found. 

There's something else I learned.. We have to be open to change. I'm sure that both families are changing because they are opening their homes to new sons/daughters. It's hard to let change in, but we have to realize that when we truly love someone, we are willing to accept their decisions. It was so great to see the changes of hearts in some people this past weekend. Families were BUILT, and it was great. 

I was taught that someone will love me for me. And, that's not something I should doubt. I should never settle to just have something that is half. I can't wait for the day God brings this man to me. I have full trust, and faith- that He will. I know the man I want, but I have to be willing to let God be in control, and learn to want what He wants for me. (After all, he does know best.)

To my dearest friends- 
Thank you for letting me spend part of your day. I love you both, more and more everyday. Remember that in life, nothing is perfect- even the things that we believe should be. Through the ups and downs, remember the love you both have for each other at this very moment, and your life will be great. Never give up on each other. 
Also, I caught the bouquet, after an intense battle. Which means, I hope you all prepare for my bridezilla ways. :0



No comments:

Post a Comment