Sunday, August 21, 2011

Boys.

Boys, what a controversial subject.. Let me take you on a journey...

So it's a Friday night and you start getting ready for the evening's festivities. You're getting your make up on, you've picked out your outfit, and you're thinking to yourself, "hhmm, I think I look pretty good!" Your number one intention of going out is to just have fun, but then you have this thought in the back of your mind, "I wonder if I'll meet any cute guys tonight, that'd be fun." Don't lie to yourself, I KNOW I'm not the only girl who thinks that. Then you start thinking some more, "Will he like me, do I look good enough, am I skinny enough, is my hair perfect?" Now don't get me wrong, I love my single life, but I always think what life would be like if I was someone who had someone, I wonder if I'd be more happy with a guy around..

So skip forward a couple hours and you're out on the town, gimpin' around in your heels because you thought more people would notice you. You're at the bar and you see this cute guy, and your mind starts racing, without even noticing you start smiling a little different, playing with your hair, sippin' your drink through your straw in a way that you think is so cute.. you're doing practically anything to grab his attention besides standing up and "accidentally spilling your drink on him." (I know that thought has gone through your mind.) Us girls are so guilty of it! We thrive off of a man's attention, but why?

Wait a second, the guys walking your way, crap crap crap, is all that's going through your mind, reminding yourself what's your name and where you go to school, he shoots you this sly smile, you smile back, he's almost to you......... he keeps walking. BAM denied. WHY?

You turn around and notice that he's now about to probably shack up with this girl and you think, bimbo. She's skinny, you wonder if she's eaten. She's doing the "haha I'm drunk, I'm cute" act, you're thinking she's had one drink. She has on this tight skirt, tight shirt, highER heels, and you think "she's trying too hard." Is she? Or is she just doing what you were trying to do, but in a different way.

Now ladies, guys are VISUAL beings. If they see something, they will call you a tease if they don't get it. So why do we DRESS to get a male's attention, what are we really trying to get? a boyfriend? or someone who's going to show you attention? Cuz trust me, those two people can be the same, but they can be completely different at the same time. A man who's in it for the right reasons, isn't going to be staring at your outfit the whole time, he's going to try and figure you out. But don't give it all away too soon, because then the mystery is gone.

So don't feel bad when you're out and a guy gives some other girl dressed like a bimbo his attention. Trust yourself that someone will like you for you, someone will come along and make all the hurt and rejection and break ups worth it. Don't be so anxious that you settle. As soon as you settle, every guy with the wrong intentions will flock for you.

And when that EX calls you up and tells you that he misses you- tell him thank you because you are a missable person. But each day he misses you, it's HIM deciding to not be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment